A critical appraisal of the key deficiencies in risk workshop methodology that may lead to them producing of misleading or useless data

Monday 8 December 2008

November 28, 2008

I'm impressed with your proposals on why risk workshops may be defective. I would add the obvious point that risk management is more science and less subjective than most other management disciplines. Thus, methodology becomes a matter of importance to the analysis process. And of course, with methodology come the issues of reliability and validity. All of these concepts are unwieldly, and so many learners lose interest in the presentation points of the given workshop. I'm still wrestling with this myself in front of my learners, but it does seem to detract from workshop success at times, depending on the participants and their backgrounds. Good luck!

William McKibbin
Consulting Financial Engineer & Risk Analyst
wjmc@mckibbinusa.com
____________________________________________________

No comments: